PDA

Pogledati punu verziju : Konaci Apartments - deposit payable?

Thornleya
24.01.2007, 20:30
Hello all

Great forum - have been reading it for a few weeks, this is my first post though.

We head out to Kop on 11th February - half term week - looks like the snow is falling again, which is good news! There's myself (Helen), my husband James and 7 year old son Ben. Took him on his first skiing trip last year to Kranjska Gora in Slovenia which he really enjoyed.

Tickets came from Thomson the other day, and in the stuff it said that self catering apartments often charge a deposit of £100 or more. We're staying at the Konaci apartments - wondered if anyone had stayed there before and if so, remembered how much deposit they paid? (assume can pay in £ or Euros as probably won't have any dinar when we arrive!)

PatMan
24.01.2007, 23:46
Hello all

Great forum - have been reading it for a few weeks, this is my first post though.

We head out to Kop on 11th February - half term week - looks like the snow is falling again, which is good news! There's myself (Helen), my husband James and 7 year old son Ben. Took him on his first skiing trip last year to Kranjska Gora in Slovenia which he really enjoyed.

Tickets came from Thomson the other day, and in the stuff it said that self catering apartments often charge a deposit of £100 or more. We're staying at the Konaci apartments - wondered if anyone had stayed there before and if so, remembered how much deposit they paid? (assume can pay in £ or Euros as probably won't have any dinar when we arrive!)

Hi Helen,

I suggest you change £ into Dinar at NIS airport. Remember, you will be landing early-ish Sunday, and will need some spending money for Sunday night! There is also a ATM in Konaci which may well be empty if we all use it. Normally you can pay deposits in either type of currency (not sure, maybe a Credit Card swipe would do?)

Am sure you will have fun, looks like the snow has finally started to dump!

:cug:

underwr
25.01.2007, 11:22
Hi, we stayed at the Konaci appts for new Year week, had a great time. We were not asked for a security deposit. We took sterling and changed a small amount at the airport then did the rest at the exchange office in the Konaci foyer. there is an ATM at the airport and the konaci complex and grand hotel. Sterling, dollars and euros are all good, can pay for trips with thomson/crystal using euro.

The Konaci appts are qutie small but comfortable. there was quite a lot of disco noise from some of the bars and we complained and were moved from 'Ras' block to 'Majik' block which was much quieter so might be worth asking for a queit room as you have a young son. Getting up for ski school when you haven't slept is no fun!

I am sure you will have a great time, we did. Suggest trying the Trattoria Kosava which is to the right of the grand hotel main entrance (out of the konaci complex) great food and very cheap.
:sm018:

PatMan
25.01.2007, 23:15
Hi underwr,

Thanks for the tips - any other good places to eat/drink? Or any places to avoid!?!?

:cug:

dzonka
25.01.2007, 23:32
There is very good restaurant on bottom of Karaman ski stage (up to 600m distance from hotel Grand, or up to 1000m from Konaci). Very good food and very pleasant (almost romantic) I think it is called "Buongiorno".

PS. Bring euros raather than pounds.