Citirati Originalno postavljeno od dzonka Pogledati poruku
i think that it is kind of sin to come to serbia and eat at hotel! you must try our food! every day something diferent.

1.pleskavica
2.cevapi
3.kiseli kupus
4.sarma
5.gibanica
etc...
don't try to read (you will break your tongue), write it down and show it when you like to order some food...
As Dzonka tried to recomend some food I will try to translate it for you.

1. Pljeskavica is basicaly a hamburger made of mixed minced meat from pork and beef. You should try punjena pljeskavica (filled with cheese and bacon or ham) or gurmanska pljeskavica (mixed with cheese and bacon or ham).
http://www.serbiafood.co.yu/GurmanFest/pljeskavice.htm

2. Cevapi are made also from minced meat and they look like meat fingers.
http://www.serbiafood.co.yu/GurmanFest/cevapcici.htm

3. Kiseli kupus is something that I don't like when it is cooked but I like it a lot as a salad. It is basicaly a cabbage that is treated and it has a different more salty taste. Literal translation is sour cabbage . It is cooked with smoked meat and bacon.

4. Sarma is a very nice and I like that a lot. It is made out of leaves of Kiseli kupus that are filled with minced meat and then cooked with bacon and smoked meat! You must try this.

5. Gibanica is like a pie made of cheese and kajmak (dairy product that you must try for breakfast or on pljeksavica and cevapi mmmmm)

6. I must add my personal favorite and that is called Leskovacka muckalica. That is basicaly a stew made of pork and beef meat with a lot of vegetables (onion, tomato, paprika) and it is usually very spicy!

With this food you must drink rakija as an appetizer and then continue with it or with some Serbian wines of your choice but try to find this cellars Radovanovic, Stojakovic, Stojkovic... (I am not sure how good is the wine selection in places where you will eat)

I hope that this helps and that you will have a great time!

I am expecting your reports on this forum when you get back!