Strana 1 od 2 12 PoslednjaPoslednja
Rezultati 1 do 10 od 22

Tema: Back from Kop! Holiday Report

Hibridni pregled

Prethodna poruka Prethodna poruka   Sledeća poruka Sledeća poruka

Smile Back from Kop! Holiday Report + Photos!

As promised I'll be posting some photos as soon as i've got them off the laptop (hopefully in the next few days)

Ok so after a week boarding every day and afternoon, staying next door to a Serbian couple who argued for 2 hours every night and then had very loud sex till 4.00am in the morning I'm back in work very knackered!

Snow - Quite a nice amount when we got there and most of the slopes were open. Lovely blue skies for 4 days and sunshine. Was getting patchy in places by Thursday but luckily it snowed all day and evening making saturday riding a joy.

Reps - Very helpful indeed. Friendly people with good English.

Instructors - We had a guy called Jug who was very good and on the first day we were all up the mountain and by the last day on a black run. Also a good laugh and went drinking with us on the last night.

Drink - In shops bottles of beer could be as cheap as 40 dinar (35p) and depending on the brand could be up to 200 dinar in some hotels / bars etc.
    SOS bar and Exit bar were good prices.

Night-life - Didn't really get going till quite late. Some dances in some of the bars.

Food - We stayed in the Club A and it was half board. A good variety at breakfast and tea. LOTS of meat. For veggie's it was OK but they didn't really understand the concept and none of the food was labelled. For example some veggie stuff was covered by meat which as my veggie wife pointed out was a bit silly.

Currency - Take Euros as you can use these on some activities and can be used to change to dinars in the airport or in the resort. There are 2 (i think) ATM machines in the resort.

Language - Learn some basic words. It's not really needed but really helps we found. Alot of the waiters etc commented how it was pleasing to hear that we were trying their language out etc.

Other activities - Ski-doo (snow mobile) 60 Euros for an hour up the mountain. Simply brilliant if you have never done it before and we got to see a lovely sunset. Those things don't half shift as well! There was an ice skating rink as well. The reps also organised a quiz night and a bar crawl type thing.

I'm glad that i can finally stop looking at all those snow charts and forecasts now! they didn't make much difference when we were there

forgotten anything? questions?

UPDATE : Photos now on-line at http://tinyurl.com/36rlpu

Podrazumevano

cheers norry... the snow bit was very reassuring.

think I'll nip down to waterstones and buy myself a serbian dictionary... nothing beats impressing the locals will deffinatly try the ski-doo's

Podrazumevano

Citirati Originalno postavljeno od -JC- Pogledati poruku
    cheers norry... the snow bit was very reassuring.

think I'll nip down to waterstones and buy myself a serbian dictionary... nothing beats impressing the locals will deffinatly try the ski-doo's
    No worries, i found this program very helpful http://www.transparent.com/languagep...an/Serbian.htm

it's free and has the pronunciations of basic words etc. Much easier to learn when you can hear someone say it.

Every night the snow ploughs would do there work and move the snow around so the conditions were always fine.

Podrazumevano

Great report Norry, you seemed to have had a great time! Get those pictures up ASAP!!

The currency thing is weird tho, everyone (including the Serbians who use this forum) say to bring Sterling, and you say to bring Euro! Is there a DEFINITIVE answer to this one?

Podrazumevano

Citirati Originalno postavljeno od PatMan Pogledati poruku
    Great report Norry, you seemed to have had a great time! Get those pictures up ASAP!!

The currency thing is weird tho, everyone (including the Serbians who use this forum) say to bring Sterling, and you say to bring Euro! Is there a DEFINITIVE answer to this one?
    Who told you to bring Sterling!!??

Maybe in Kop somethings are different this year because they expect a lot of guests from UK but usually with Euro you shouldn't worry and sometimes you can even pay in Euro but then be aware of the exchange rate.

You have exchange offices where you can exchange whatever currency you like but it bars and restaurants they would rather accept Euro then Sterling if you don't have dinars.

you have the website of Serbian national bank www.nbs.yu and there you can check official exchange rate!
    Here is direct link: http://www.nbs.yu/english/news/index.htm

Podrazumevano

Citirati Originalno postavljeno od PatMan Pogledati poruku

Ok we brought Sterling, Euros, and Dollars! We changed the dollars in the airport to dinars and used that in the resort for food / beer etc. We used the euros in the resort mainly for rep organised things such as ski-doos and also for some private skiing lessons (although they also would take dinars). I don't think sterling was accepted by the reps.

Does that help ?

Podrazumevano

Citirati Originalno postavljeno od norry Pogledati poruku
    Ok we brought Sterling, Euros, and Dollars! We changed the dollars in the airport to dinars and used that in the resort for food / beer etc. We used the euros in the resort mainly for rep organised things such as ski-doos and also for some private skiing lessons (although they also would take dinars). I don't think sterling was accepted by the reps.

Does that help ?
    LOL - kinda helps! Was just gonna take a few sterling to change at airport for first couple of days - then rely on ATM machines for Dinars. Might throw a few € in the wallet as well!

Cheers Norry

Podrazumevano

I'm 99% sure that I took Euros with me last year and changed them to Dinars at Nis airport.

Podrazumevano

Norry, how much were the private lessons? Was it easy to get them? Were they available mornings or only after group lessons finished?

Podrazumevano

Citirati Originalno postavljeno od treble Pogledati poruku
    Norry, how much were the private lessons? Was it easy to get them? Were they available mornings or only after group lessons finished?
    Ok my wife had private ski lessons on one day in the morning for 2 hours and i think it was 42 Euros. We booked through the rep who sorted it out for us. They were very helpful.

I know that some instructors who took groups were doing private lessons in the afternoons as well.

Informacije teme

Korisnici koji pretražuju ovu temu

Trenutno je 1 korisnik(a) koji pretražuje(u) ovu temu. (Članova: 0 - Gostiju: 1)

Ovlašćenja postavljanja

• Vi ne možete postavljati nove teme
  • Vi ne možete postavljati odgovore
  • Vi ne možete postavljati priloge
  • Vi ne možete menjati vaše poruke
  •  
infoKOP
Najposećeniji srpski skijaški internet portal. Sve o Kopaoniku na jednom mestu!
Zaprati nas