Rezultati 1 do 8 od 8

Tema: Return of The Pat...

Podrazumevano Return of The Pat...

What a great fecking week!

Got to Kop late on Saturday night, but Ivan (Thomson rep) had made sure we all knew the plan for Sunday - ie: Meet at 9am to go to Konaci Apts to collect lift pass (400 dinars refundable deposit reqd). From there a quick couple mins to collect ski equipment from "Elite". Make sure you tell them your weight in kilos - otherwise the din settings on skis could be wrong!

Lessons start at 11am first day, until 3pm so you still get your 4 hours... From then on its a 9 or 9.15 start.
    Conditions were 'ok' first few days, the odd icy and bare patch starting to show through, but good work but the piste groomers kept the slopes in a very ski-able condition. Snow fell all day Thurs until Friday so plenty of fresh powder to carve new lines into!
    Started to get cold on Friday, and when we left Saturday was FECKING freezing - low cold and winds had closed about half of lifts, so we didnt mind going home!

All in all, a great time had, the Grand is so close to slopes... pool and jacuzzi most welcome after a hard day on skis... Food is plentiful, with a huge variety - but cheap enough to eat out if you want a change!

Try the Hot Chocolate at "Dolly Bell", its the thickest EVER - impossible to suck thru a straw (unless you add a wee dram!) The Grand was good for lunch - about £4 for a pizza - but all the cafés on the piste that we tried were good, none ever ripped us off.

Am jealous of all of ye still to go, wondering of I can get a last minute deal??

PatMan

Podrazumevano

We're going on the 1st March, well excited now since the new snow booked with Thomson so I'mplkeased to hear Ivan is doing another season - he was a star for us last year, sorting out a couple of booking problems

Podrazumevano

Citirati Originalno postavljeno od nick'n'kim Pogledati poruku
    We're going on the 1st March, well excited now since the new snow booked with Thomson so I'mplkeased to hear Ivan is doing another season - he was a star for us last year, sorting out a couple of booking problems
    Ivan is MUCH better this year! He is so much more confident with his English and this shows when he deals with any questions raised or issues.

Kop is everything it was last year, and maybe even better! The pistes, while we were there anyway, were constantly being groomed, so although at the start of the week we only had a little snow, the conditions were fantastic.

Am jealous of ya, my holiday is all over now (wonder when NEXT year can be booked!)

PatMan

Podrazumevano Flights

I heard someone say in an earlier post you have to stop off in Sofia on the way back is that true?

Podrazumevano

Citirati Originalno postavljeno od midd Pogledati poruku
    I heard someone say in an earlier post you have to stop off in Sofia on the way back is that true?
    Yes midd, this is true!

Its a right pain, the flight is only about 20-25 mins, but its in the opposite direction to Gatwick, and its about an hour on the tarmac. Its just a shíte way to finish up when all ye wanna do is go home!

PatMan

Podrazumevano

we've got a stop off in Sofia on the way out but not sure of one on the way back - oh well

Podrazumevano

I know we have to stop at Sofia on the way home? nick'n'kim if you are flying Thomson then its on the way back.

not long to go now 2 weeks 5 days, I just hope this Kosovo stuff doesnt kick anything off.

Podrazumevano

Citirati Originalno postavljeno od nick'n'kim Pogledati poruku
    we've got a stop off in Sofia on the way out but not sure of one on the way back - oh well
    Citirati Originalno postavljeno od surfer_chicky Pogledati poruku
    I know we have to stop at Sofia on the way home? nick'n'kim if you are flying Thomson then its on the way back.

not long to go now 2 weeks 5 days, I just hope this Kosovo stuff doesnt kick anything off.
    Agree with surfer_chicky, the stop-over is on the way back home!
    The flight leaves Gatwick - then Nis - then sofia - back to Gatwick. Also known at the Thomsonfly Eastern Bloc ski-bus!

Informacije teme

Korisnici koji pretražuju ovu temu

Trenutno je 2 korisnik(a) koji pretražuje(u) ovu temu. (Članova: 0 - Gostiju: 2)

Ovlašćenja postavljanja

• Vi ne možete postavljati nove teme
  • Vi ne možete postavljati odgovore
  • Vi ne možete postavljati priloge
  • Vi ne možete menjati vaše poruke
  •  
infoKOP
Najposećeniji srpski skijaški internet portal. Sve o Kopaoniku na jednom mestu!
Zaprati nas